Jordan Young led the way for the home team at the St. Louis Park Invitational track and field meet, held Monday at the .
The Park senior won the 400-meter dash with an honor-roll qualifying time of 50.70 seconds—nearly a full second better than second-place finisher Luke McKenzie of Chisago Lakes.
Young also ran on the winning 4x400 relay team, along with Denzell Oats, Peyton Bretl and Nick Shaughnessy.
On the girls side, senior Hannah Brown won the high jump with a height of 4-10 during Tuesday's invitational.
Here are other notable Park finishes:
- Junior Kashif Hayes, fifth in 100-meter
- Seventh-grader Jackson Sokolowski, second in 800-meter
- Sophomore Nicholas Sokolowski, third in 1600-meter
- Junior Gideon Moranga, fifth in 300-meter hurdles
- Junior Payton Bretl, second in triple jump
- Senior Tamesha Brathwaite, third in 200-meter
- Junior Lauren Miller, third in 300-meter hurdles
- Junior Sarah Silbert, fourth in long jump
- Senior Chanell Ashley, second in triple jump
Overall, the boys finished third among eight teams, while the girls finished fourth out of seven. You can view complete results here.
Thanks to Patch reader Darcy Young for sending in photos.