Jack is a Benilde-St. Margaret's hockey player who sustained a serious spinal cord injury in a game 10 months ago. He has made steady progress on his journey to walk again. His mom, Leslie, even recently posted on his CaringBridge page that he blew out the candles on his 17th birthday cake.
The Star Tribune reported that after he won Jack said, "It drives me to do the best that I can, knowing people are out there to support me."
After the award was announced on the Courage in Sports Facebook page, good wishes rolled in:
"Congratulations to Jack! You are an inspiration to us all," wrote Susan Lyons Harrison.
"Keep it up Jack, we are all behind you," wrote Vincent Taylor Bonacci.
Kathy Balfanz wrote, "You are our hero, Jack, and such an inspiration. Congratulations! Sending you lots of love and continued prayers."
"We voted for you here in Nashville, TN," wrote Wendie Block Angus.
"Congratulations, Jack! We voted for you from AZ," wrote Carol Neessen.
Lorrie Pipkin Fiteny wrote, "Congratulations from a hockey mom in Michigan! I've followed your story from the beginning and you are truly an inspiration to all!"
"Good for you Jack. I too have followed your story from day 1. You inspire and amaze me on a daily basis. I am proud of you and your family for the courage you have shared with the world. I also thank you for sharing the real and the sad with us. Thank you for smiling so often and for keeping us posted on your journey!" Joelle Bump wrote.
The video of the awards ceremony has not yet been posted. A message posted at about 9:30 p.m. Sunday on the Courage in Sports Facebook page said, "Unfortunately, we are unable to post the entire show online at this time. There is a re-air TOMORROW 11/12 on CBS Sports Net at 9:30pm ET."
WCCO announced Sunday night that they will show the Jablonski's remodeled home during their 5 p.m. broadcast Monday.
Share your congratulations below in the comments.
Here are previous stories about Jack:
- Jablonski Up For Courage In Sports Award On Sunday
- ParkTV Honored for Jack Jablonski Coverage
- (UPDATED) Last Day to Vote Jabs for 'Courage in Sports' Award
- Jablonski Has a Scare
- Jablonski in Final Two for 'Courage in Sports' Award
- Jablonski Stands With Assistance
- Jablonski With Big Lead in 'Courage in Sports' Award Voting
- Jablonski a Finalist for 'Courage in Sports' Award
- Jablonski Makes His Return to BSM
- Jack Jablonski Returns to School
- Jack Jablonski Gets to Hold the Stanley Cup
- Jack Jablonski Bike Riding Fundraiser Planned
- Jablonski to Blow Vikings Horn Before Friday's Game
- Jablonski Family Offers Thanks After Gala
- (VIDEO) Roenick Takes to the Ice for Jabs
- Jablonski Becomes Target of Cyberbullying
- A Step in the Right Direction for Jablonski
- Jablonski in ER—Again
- Leslie Jablonski: 'We Take so Many Things for Granted'
- Jablonski Doing Well Since Second Discharge
- Jack Jablonski Discharged—Again
- Jablonski Admitted to Hospital After Feeling Sick
- Twitterverse Celebrates Jablonski's Discharge
- Jablonski Removes Neck Brace
- (VIDEO) NHL Players Wish Jablonski Well
- Should Jabs Have Been on Ice After BSM Won State?
- Jablonski Rehab: Hard Work the Order of Business
- Jablonski Has His 'Ups and Downs'
- 'Club 13' to Match Jablonski Common Basket Donations
- Jablonski Making Progress in Rehab
- Jablonski: 'I Will Walk Again'
- Jablonski: 'This is Like a Calling Almost'
- Jablonski Sitting Up Several Times a Day
- (LIST) Ways Minnesotans Are Helping Jablonski
- POLL: Will Jack Jablonski's Injury Leave a Mark on Minnesotans?
- Hockey Stars Making Time for Jablonski
- (VIDEO) Leslie Jablonski: Jack Moved Arms
- Surgeon: Jablonski 'Can’t Expect Much Recovery'
- Support Pouring in for Paralyzed BSM Athlete
- BSM Sophomore Paralyzed During Hockey Game