I've had it with spring cleaning. In the past three days, I've painted my apartment, dismantled and dusted light fixtures, scrubbed grout, dug out my spring clothing, washed windows and rearranged furniture.
It's not quite time to sit back and relax just yet, though. I've still got work to do. For example, during the rest of my free time this week, I'm planning on getting fixed up for spring by picking up a few fresh new outfits and shopping for a new bike.
If you've yet to begin your spring chores, fret not. Here are a few sales and happenings that may motivate you:
This Week's Sales and Events In and Around SLP
- kicks off its "It's a Spring Thing" sale Thursday in its newly remodeled Knollwood Mall store. Select styles will be 40 percent off through April 7. In addition, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Tuesdays, parents can shop while the store offers storytimeand snacks for toddlers. Parents will also get 10 percent off with an Old Navy card.
- If your dog could go for a spring cleaning as well, check out this deal. Through the end of April, holds “Muddy Mutt Mondays.” Bring in your dog on a Monday and receive a half-price self service wash. Patrons must mention the special when checking out, and the offer is not valid with any other offer or discount. In addition, there are still a couple of days to use March's deal: Upload a picture of your dog to their Facebook page by Thursday to receive a $5-off coupon via e-mail for a self-service bath, redeemable through the end of April. If it is a picture of your dog at Bubbly Paws, the ante is upped to $10 off.
- Now this is a bit outside of the Park, but if you or someone you know will be attending the prom this spring, I'd definitely recommend the trip. A Prom Kick-off and Dress Drive will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Zida Fashion Accessories in both Burnsville and Maple Grove Saturday. The event features makeup tips from Mary Kay Cosmetics, refreshments and of course, prom accessories. The kicker? Bring gently used dresses and accessories to donate to Operation Glass Slipper and receive a 25 percent discount on any new necklace, earrings or clutch.
- Though the stubborn snow is still around, Erik's Bikemania Sale forges on at through April 11. The store's biggest sale of the year includes bikes, gear and apparel — some with closeout prices — just in time for spring.
- In all of your preparation for spring, don't forget about Mother's Day (it will creep up on us May 8). Head to Edina this weekend to fashion a personalized gift for mom — and not of the macaroni or paper maché variety. Que Será hosts a Heather Moore Personalized Jewelry Mother's Day Trunk Show Friday and Saturday.
Later This Season
- have recently announced that a White House Black Market store is slated to open in the shopping center later this spring. The chain currently has five locations in the Twin Cities area, including at Mall of America, Ridgedale Center in Minnetonka and Rosedale Center in Roseville. The West End store is scheduled to open May 26.
- Tickets are now available for Bachman's Spring Idea House. Tickets for a self-guided visit to the historic Bachman home in Minneapolis are $5. The home has been decorated with inspiring spring ideas. Twenty percent of admission charges will be donated to Children’s Home Society & Family Services. Ticketholders will also receive a coupon for $5 off a $25 purchase at any Bachman’s Floral, Gift and Garden Stores, good through April 24. Free admission for children 12 and under. Tours begin Thursday and run through April 17.
- Mark your calendars: has already lined up three jewelry trunk shows in May. First, on May 6-7, the shop hosts a Just Jules show. Next, from May 13-15 there will be a Janis Kerman Custom Design Event. And finally, a Stephanie Albertson Trunk Show and Max’s Anniversary Celebration will be held May 20-22.