Holiday shopping can easily be something that you sort of shrug off as you walk into a big box store for every gift you need. It can also be a fun, little hunt. Heading to local stores without an agenda, trying to find that perfect gift for the person on your list, is a great way to make unique finds. Luckily, Patch is here this week to give you five cool, local stores for holiday shopping, for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and the rest of the season.
1) : Shopping for the outdoorsy people on your list is easy in Minnesota, with sporting goods stores around every corner. This season, check out Hoigaard's for bikes, skis, backpacks, kayaks and just about everything else that turns the outdoors into a playground. Hoigaard's has kept it local for longer than some of our weekly contributors have been alive.
2) : With many large book retailers closing down each year, it's nice to have a national independent chain like Half Price Books to turn to. From first editions to classic records, Seinfeld on DVD to Seinfeld's biography, this place has everything for the literature and pop culture carnivore in your family. What's more is you're helping out independent bookstores in the process.
3) : Max's was recently named the so it's a no-brainer that they'd find themselves on this list. Grab something as small as gourmet chocolates from local chocolatiers, or as large as a brand new, handcrafted necklace. Either way, your sweetie will appreciate you stopping by this cool store.
4) : Located in the , Charming Charlie is a surprisingly large store packed to the brim with great fashion accessory options for the woman in your life. Affordable handbags, jewelry and belts abound at this friendly boutique.
5) : Give a gift that can be looked at all year long, in the form of framing your favorite photo or piece of art in a stylish way. Nash Frame Design handcrafts their frames on the spot and gives their customers countless options. Every employee is incredibly knowledgeable and eager to help you find the frame that'll help bring your space to life.