Lots of families have strict rules against decorating for Christmas before the turkey is carved. Lucky for those families, we're a week removed from Thanksgiving and just more than three weeks away from Christmas. And where do most holiday decorations start? With a Christmas tree. And where do you get that Christmas tree? Well it depends. Lucky for you, Patch's little bird lets you in on five places to get a Christmas tree within an easy distance of St. Louis Park:
1) : B&J Trees brings "trees from a local grower to a lot near you." With locations spread out across the metro, B&J offers top quality Christmas trees and very affordable prices. It's peak tree time right now, so they're slinging firs from 9am-9pm, seven days a week.
2) Bauer Tree Farm (Minnetonka): Take a short drive up the road to Bauer Tree Farm. Bauer gives you the easy option of picking a pre-cut tree, or the woodsman's option of cutting your own. Heck, they'll even provide you with the saw.
Address: 4266 Oak Drive Lane, Minnetonka, MN 55343
Phone: (952) 938-0215
3) Wagon Landing Tree Farm (St. Paul): If you haven't noticed in previous years, tree farms in St. Louis Park are a little hard to come by. So maybe this year you head across the cities to Wagon Landing in St. Paul. They offer wholesale trees, pre-cut and cut-your-own.
Address: 850 South Syndicate Street, St. Paul, MN 55116
Phone: (651) 699-3928
4) Revak Nursery (Lakeville): Similar to shopping for Christmas gifts, finding the right tree can leave you miles from home, looking at row after row of evergreens. If heading a half hour south is your cup of tea (or nog), you'll want to check out this tree farm that has not only trees, but an entire Christmas decoration shop and more than a quarter century of experience to (snow) boot.
5) Ogema Point Farm (Eden Prairie): Put some hot cocoa in the thermos, load up the family—don't forget the rope—and head to the southwest metro. Ogema Point offers its patrons the option of either cutting their own tree or buying one that has already been plucked from the ground.
Address: 11564 Raspberry Hill Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Phone: (952) 942-6159