Gourmet Oil & Vinegar and Max’s to Host
“A World of Good at Excelsior & Grand – Giving Back for the Holidays”
Each Store to Feature Special Guests, Food and Gift Ideas, and Activities
On Saturday, December 1, Gourmet Oil & Vinegar and Max’s at the Shops at Excelsior & Grand will host a day of events and shopping to benefit local charities. Each shop will feature special guests, food and activities and each will donate a portion of the weekend’s sales to charities. Gourmet Oil & Vinegar will have special guest Sue Zelickson, James Beard Award-winning author and food journalist, TV and radio personality, founder of Kids Café at Perspectives Family Center and Women Who Really Cook, and beloved champion of children’s causes and the Twin Cities food community. San Francisco-based acclaimed jewelry designer Vicente Agor will be at Max’s all weekend for a special trunk show and celebration. Vicente makes an annual appearance at Max’s and this year the store will honor him with a special birthday celebration – a double-birthday party in honor of his 50th birthday and his 10th anniversary of having received a double transplant.
Gourmet Oil & Vinegar’s event will benefit Perspectives Family Center. Activities will include:
- Sue Zelickson will appear in-store from 1-3 p.m. to talk about Perspectives Family Center and the Kids Café and to offer guests samples of her Lacey Sue Z. Cookies, delicious treats made from a cookie mix she developed and sells in many stores throughout the Twin Cities. All proceeds from the sale of Lacey Sue Z. Cookie Mix benefit Perspectives Family Center.
- The store will introduce healthful, easy appetizers and recipes perfect for holiday entertaining. Each hour, at 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m., a new appetizer will be featured for guests to sample.
- Fun, tasty ideas for gift-giving will be displayed throughout the store and guests will be invited to sample the store’s 60 extra virgin olive oils and 60 exquisite balsamic vinegars.
- A portion of the weekend’s sales will be donated to Perspectives Family Center.
Max’s will host events throughout the weekend. Activities will include:
- A personal appearance and trunk show featuring Vicente Agor and his exquisite collection of jewelry. His designs incorporate fine gold and silver with precious and colored gemstones in pieces that are at once bold yet elegant. Fans include Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Oprah Winfrey and legions of other A-listers and fashion editors. Trunk show hours are: November 30 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; December 1 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and December 2 from noon to 5 p.m.
- A wine and chocolate tasting/pairing will take place on December 1 from noon to 4 p.m. featuring Max’s exquisite chocolates and wines specially selected by sommelier Leslee Miller.
- A portion of the sales of Vicente’s jewelry will be donated to LifeSource and the University of Minnesota Transplant Assistance Fund in honor of Vicente being the recipient of a double transplant of a kidney and pancreas.
Gourmet Oil & Vinegar and Max’s are located in the Shops at Excelsior & Grand at Grand Way and Excelsior Boulevard in St. Louis Park. Gourmet Oil & Vinegar is a purveyor of fine extra virgin olive oils sourced from around the world, and a vast collection of exquisite balsamic vinegars, from classic flavors to those infused with essences including chocolate, spices, fruit and many other unexpected pairings. The store also sells a variety of locally made artisanal food products, cookbooks and related accessories and creates custom gift baskets in a range of sizes and price points. Customers are invited to sample each of the store’s olive oils and vinegars and shoppers receive complimentary recipes created by owner Susan Hanegan Burdorf and the chefs she works with each time they purchase an olive oil or vinegar. The store also offers classes for up to 20 guests.
Max’s is an award-winning boutique featuring artisan-made fine jewelry, home décor and specialty chocolates from around the world. The store’s jewelry collection features pieces from some of the world’s most respected and established designers as well as work by up-and-coming artists. Owner Ellen Hertz scouts collections around the globe to bring her customers the finest unique and beautiful pieces. She started her business in 2006 after working two decades in the corporate world. Her goal with Max’s was to bring to the Twin Cities items not otherwise found here. Her store’s home décor items are a carefully curated grouping of striking and original pieces including glass bowls, platters and vases. Each piece demonstrates the quality and workmanship of the artist who created it. The store also offers a collection called “Plates With Purpose” with a portion of the sale of each plate benefitting a particular charity. Charities include the Minnesota AIDS Project, TC Habitat for Humanity, STEP, U of M Masonic Cancer Center, CASA and others. In addition to its sophisticated merchandise mix, Max’s is known for the many events it hosts throughout the year, featuring the designers of the unique items sold in the store.
For more information about Gourmet Oil & Vinegar please vist www.gourmetoilandvinegar.com or call 952-303-4220. For more information about Max’s please visit www.stylebymax.com or call 952-922-8364. Gourmet Oil & Vinegar is located at 3840 Grand Way and Max’s is located at 3826 Grand Way.