With the bone-chilling temperatures outside, you might not be thinking about home remodeling projects, but the upcoming home remodeling fair is a good way to get into the construction mood.
The West Metro Remodeling Fair takes place at the Eisenhower Community Center in Hopkins on Feb. 24. There will be more than 100 vendors on hand to answer questions and offer inspiration. Plus, there are 16 workshops being offered. While the event is about a month away, it’s a good time to peruse the list of workshops and plan your day.
Here are just a few of the workshops the fair is hosting.
Installing Laminate Flooring
- Modern laminate flooring has come a long way from Grandma’s linoleum. Cut costs with do-it-yourself installation. Learn about style choices/considerations, tool selection and use, installation techniques, how to prepare subflooring, measuring/preparing the room, and other helpful tips.
- 11:00 am – 12:30 pm, Room 111
Scott Mullen, St.Louis Park Home Depot
Bath Remodeling 2013: Small Innovations to Total Renovations
- “Before and after” photos illustrate the latest trends, technologies, and universal design features in bath remodeling to incorporate into your dream bathroom. Innovative solutions include options to cost-effectively change your space.
- 11:15 am – 12:15 pm, Room 188
of St. Louis Park
Ceramic Tiling Demonstration
- Succeed at the task of tiling a floor or wall in your kitchen, entry or bath through this introduction to tiling basics. Learn how to choose tile, what tools you will need, measuring techniques, and types of tiling products available to choose from.
- 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm, Room 111
Scott Mullen, St. Louis Park Home Depot
Maximizing Your Backyard’s Potential
- Update your backyard to add value to your home. Maximize ways to accommodate a growing family and transform an eyesore into a beautiful asset that compliments your home style.
- 11:00 am – noon, Room 223
Richard Woldorsky, Bachman’s
Tips to Successful Kitchen Remodeling
- Discover the secrets of kitchen remodeling that will save you time, money and trouble. Learn about the remodeling process including budgeting process, design ideas, current trends, product selection process and much more. See photos of an actual project from start to finish. Don’t miss this class if you are considering remodeling your kitchen or bath.
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm, Room 223
Bob Mock, C.R., Jet Construction & Remodeling
For a complete list of workshops, check out the West Metro Home Remodeling Fair website.