The Shops at West End is proud to host their second annual summer festival featuring a great musical line-up – The Honeydogs, Davina and the Vagabonds, Farewell Milwaukee, Lynhurst and more.
Admission to the live music area is free (donations will also be accepted). Proceeds from the event benefit Minnesota's own Courage Center, which empowers people living with disabilities—including .
The event includes great Minnesota-made food and beverages, family-friendly activities including Radio Disney Road Crew, Minnesota company demonstrations/exhibits, the Nordic Ware Hot Dish Contest, Loon Calling and Minnesota Accent contests, a scavenger hunt and more.
- 12-7 p.m. - Park Nicollet Family Fun Zone featuring moonwalks, exhibits, games, contests, face painter from 1-3 p.m.; Balloon twister from 3-5 p.m.; Magic Show from 4-5 p.m.
- 12 - 7 p.m. - West End Chiropractic Health Zone
- 12 - 11:30 p.m. - Food trucks and beverages
- 12 - 1 p.m. - McNally Smith College Musical Theater's "Schoolhouse Rocks Live!"
- 12:00 - 2:30 p.m. - Nordic Ware cooking demonstrations by culinary expert Terry John Zila
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. - Nordic Ware Hot Dish Contest Judging hosted by Terry John Zila
- 3:00 p.m. - Lynhurst performs
- 5:00 p.m. - Farewell Milwaukee performs
- 5:30 p.m. - Loon Calling Contest
- 7:30 p.m. - Davina and The Vagabonds perform
- 9:30 p.m. - Minnesota Accent Contest
- 10:00 p.m. - The Honeydogs perform
- Alcoholic beverages supplied by , and , including: Minnesota beer, cider, margarittas and wine. A selection of non-alcoholic beverages will also be available.
- Food sales include: BBQ Pulled pork, seasoned port patties, smoked sausages, cheese curds, mini donuts, homemade ice cream, deep fried apple pie, roasted corn on the cob, hot dogs, snacks, and more.
Nordic Ware Hot Dish Contest
What's more Minnesotan than a hot dish? Not very much. See if you have an award-winning recipe in the Nordic Ware Hot Dish Contest. Prizes include Nordic Ware Cookware, gift cards and your recipe printed in West End Compass magazine. Space is limited, so register early! Click here to download the entry information.
Meet Ann Burckhardt, author of "Hot Dish Heaven: Classic Casseroles from Midwest Kitchens" and get an autographed copy of her book.
Live Contests hosted by local entertainer Carr Hagerman (a.k.a. The Rat Catcher at Minnesota Renaissance Festival):
Loon Calling Contest - Do you have a great Loon call? Show it off in our bird call contest. Top loon caller wins a great prize courtesy of The Shops at West End.
Minnesota Accent Contest - You Betcha! Don'tcha know?! Visitors to Minnesota say we have thick accents. We want to hear yours. Can be your natural accent or extended, but the best one (based on audience applause) wins a great prize from The Shops at West End.