Residents of St. Louis Park say the city provides a good quality of life and is a safe place to reside.
This according to a recently conducted survey by Decision Resources, Ltd., on behalf of the city, which polled 400 randomly selected households by phone in the spring.
Among the survey's highlights:
- 95 percent of residents said they have an overall feeling of safety in St. Louis Park
- 98 percent of residents feel welcomed in the community
- 89 percent of residents view city services as either an excellent or good as compared to other communities
- 84 percent of residents think the city’s emphasis on environmental concerns is “about right”
- 94 percent of residents rated city staff’s courtesy highly
- 96 percent of residents have pride and ownership in their neighborhood
- 97 percent of residents rate the overall aesthetics of residential neighborhoods in St. Louis Park as either excellent or good
- 90 percent of residents think homes in their neighborhood are well-maintained
- 93 percent of residents rate the overall aesthetics of commercial areas in St. Louis Park as either excellent or good
“St. Louis Park is known as a forward-thinking community built firmly on the strength of its neighborhoods,” said city manager Tom Harmening in a press release. “And we strive to make government accessible, actionable and responsive. We hoped the survey would show that residents felt the same way, but I think we were a little surprised and humbled, considering the times we live in, to see how remarkably our residents rated the community."
You can view the full survey results here. St. Louis Park Patch will also be going deeper into the numbers, so check back for updates to this story.