Sure, Parktacular has plenty of regular favorites, such as the parade. But every year, there is always a handful of new things to check out. This year is no exception, and to help you wade through it all, St. Louis Park Patch has put together this handy list of five must-see (or eat) things at Parktacular:
- Chalk-drawing contest: Kids can grab their favorite colors and have a blast. The theme is, “What does Parktacular mean to you?” and Parktacular staff will judge the drawings for prizes in two age groups—5-11, and 12 and older. Check-in is Saturday at noon at Information Booth No. 2, on the south side of the park. The contest will then run from 2-4 p.m.
- Fried Oreos: A little early taste of the Minnesota State Fair. This indulgent treat will be available on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Taste of St. Louis Park, courtesy of Jersey Boys.
- EuroBungy: Looking for a new way to have fun? The EuroBungy might be right up your alley. This bouncing attraction allows people to soar to new heights. Will be up on Saturday from 2-6 p.m. $7 to jump.
- Rubber Soul: The Beatles tribute band is making its Parktacular debut on Friday night at 7 p.m. “Come Together” for this show before it’s just a memory of “Yesterday.”
- Free photo booth: A tradition that stands the test of time. Fill the booth with friends or family, then take home three large pictures for free. You can also view the photos online afterward. Sponsored by SELA.