Support For Obama Drops In St. Louis Park
Results from Tuesday and 2008 show more residents this year liked the Mitt Romney, other candidates, or decided to write their choice on the ballot.
On Tuesday, 64.1 percent of District 46A voters supported Obama, compared to 33.6 percent for Romney and 2.3 percent for other candidates and write-ins. In District 46B, 65.6 percent of voters supported Obama, 31.9 percent Romney and 2.6 percent other candidates and write-ins.
In the 2008 election, 67.5 percent of the voters in former St. Louis Park District 44A supported the president, while Romney received 30.6 percent of the vote and other candidates and write-ins received 1.9 percent. In former District 44B, 68 percent supported Obama, 30.3 percent supported John McCain and 1.7 percent preferred other candidates and write-ins.
For more information about the election, see these stories:
- RAW NUMBERS: How Did St. Louis Park Vote On Local Races?
- St. Louis Park Election Results 2012
- 2012 Election Brings Little Change to Hennepin County Board
- MN Marriage Amendment Fails: 'Vote No' Wins
- UPDATED: Keith Ellison Wins Re-Election Bid
- DFL Sweeps District 46 Seats
- Minnesota Election Results: President, U.S. Senate, Congress and the Amendments
- Election Results 2012: Cutter, Conroy Win Contested Races for Fourth District Court Judicial Seats
- Election Results 2012: Voters Choose Lorie Skjerven Gildea for Minnesota Supreme Court Chief Justice
- Did You Vote? Show Us Your Sticker!
- Twin Cities Area Voters Take to Social Media To Talk Election
- Catch All the 2012 Election Color From Patch