End of Season Sales Heat Up
Plenty of 2010 items are great 2011 buys in St. Louis Park.
It's the beginning of a new year, but you might not notice signs of that in many shops around town.
Racks of clothing, furnishings, decor and other items are practically screaming "2010!" while trapped inside area boutiques.
It's both the end of a fashion season and the beginning of tax time. And so begins the retailers' annual inventory purge, also known as "winter sales."
So, take advantage. This is your chance to become one of those organized people who start buying Christmas gifts a year ahead (when things are half off!)
Here's the scoop:
- Second Début kicked off its semi-annual winter clearance and art sale Saturday and will continue the event at both its St. Louis Park and St. Paul locations through Jan. 14. Winter jackets, shoes, boots and framed art are priced to move at the Goodwill/Easter Seals-run boutique.
- Shorty's Loft is continuing its final sale through the store's Jan. 15 closing date. Remaining items — clothing, fixtures and miscellaneous supplies — are up to 70 percent off.
- OPM Boutique is holding its winter sale on designer goods. High end fashions from Catherine Malandrino, Halston Heritage, Alice + Olivia, Diane von Furstenberg and more are marked 30 to 50 percent off. Save an additional 30 percent on all sale items through Jan. 31.
- During Max's Semi-Annual Sale, continue to save 30 to 80 percent on select jewelry, home decor and chocolate through Jan. 29.
- Regis Salon is holding its winter sale until the end of March, featuring two-for-one specials and buy-one-get-one-half-off deals on hair products.
Happy (winter sales) shopping!
Spread the word! Fashion-friendly Minneapolis freelance writer Rachel Drewelow will be covering the world of St. Louis Park style. Let Rachel know about local fashion news and shopping events by e-mailing her.