City Seeks Members for Boards and Commissions
The City of St. Louis Park is currently seeking residents to serve on the following City Boards and Commissions:
- Board of Zoning Appeals (BOZA) acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council. BOZA may hear and make recommendations on matters referred to them or when it is required under the Zoning Ordinance.
- Charter Commission evaluates and proposes changes to the City Home Rule Charter as provided by State Statute. Also monitors legislative activities. Commissioners are appointed by the Chief Judge of Hennepin County District Court.
- The Fire Civil Service Commission is a three person commission appointed by the City Council. The Commission is vested with the authority to regulate and supervise the employment, promotion, discharge and suspension of all sworn fire positions of full-time status of the St. Louis Park Fire Department.
- The Housing Authority assists and advises the City Council in matters concerning all types and levels of housing in the city such as Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program, Public Housing, and TRAILS (a self-sufficiency program).
- Human Rights Commission advises the City Council on issues related to discrimination and equal opportunity.
- Planning Commission advises the City Council in matters concerning comprehensive planning, zoning, platting, street changes, and general planning and development.
- Police Advisory Commission (PAC) works to enhance awareness of police department services and provide opportunities for citizen involvement.
- Telecommunications Advisory Commission (TAC) advises the City Council regarding the existing and future cable TV franchises and related services in St. Louis Park.
- Youth Commissioners serve a one year term and are needed on the Human Rights Commission, Planning Commission, Police Advisory Commission and Telecommunications Advisory Commission.
Applicants must be able to attend scheduled evening meetings. For more information or to request an application, please contact (952) 924-2505 or visit the City’s website at www.stlouispark.org – City Government – Boards & Commissions. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS DECEMBER 28, 2012.